My Meeting Guidelines
- Meetings are to be scheduled no earlier than 9AM.
- Meetings are to end no later than 4PM.
- Meetings will not be scheduled before noon on Monday.
- Meetings will not be scheduled after noon on Friday.
- Default meeting durations are 20 minutes, and can be no longer than 50 minutes.
- The agenda should be clear, and never be “just to get on the same page.” Get on the same page before the meeting starts.
- Attendees will only be people who are directly related to the agenda.
- All attendees will be clear about the next actions and who is responsible for those actions before the meeting ends.
- Everyone must leave the room at the scheduled end time.
- Whomever scheduled the meeting will be responsible for sending out the meeting’s notes and summary.
Some times I wish I could get some of these through on some of our work meetings.