Just received this from Apple, obviously it’s in response to the ACCC court case.
Dear iPad owner,
Thank you for purchasing the new iPad with built-in Wi-Fi and support for connecting to fast cellular data networks.
Please note the following information about the Wi-Fi + 4G model:
- This product supports very fast cellular networks.
- It is not compatible with current Australian 4G LTE networks and WiMAX networks.
- Fast cellular networks supported include HSPA, HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA.
If you purchased your iPad on or before 28 March 2012 on the basis that it would work with the current Australian 4G LTE networks or WiMAX networks, you may return your undamaged iPad for a full refund before 25 April 2012.
Please follow these steps if you wish to return your iPad for a full refund:
- Place the undamaged iPad, power adapter and USB cable into the original packaging (if available) accompanied by your original receipt or gift receipt.
- Return the iPad, included accessories and receipt to the original point of purchase:
- Apple Retail Store
- Apple Online Store
- Apple Authorised Reseller
- Optus, Telstra or Vodafone Australia
- Inform the seller that you purchased the iPad on the basis that it was compatible with current Australian 4G LTE networks or WiMAX networks.
If you have a data plan for your iPad, please contact your wireless provider for information on how to cancel or reset your service agreement.
Thank you for being an Apple customer.
I won’t be returning my iPad, no way could I go back to the non-retina display!