Both Cath and myself are music lovers, there’s always something being played in our house, the car, work, wherever either of us happen to be, so when it came time to put together a play list for our wedding we were looking forward to it……..yep, I said ‘were’.
What a job it turned out to be, how could we possibly sum up our relationship and joining of our lives in just a handful of songs? They had to be things we liked as well as being audience ‘friendly’, this was a pretty tough task considering our taste in music, we mostly listen to punk, rock and hardcore with the occasional ‘classic’ thrown in.
I decided to take the job on. The only condition I was given, apart from the audience friendly one, was that Cath wanted to walk down the aisle to the music from Bittersweet Symphony.
After a few frantic days, a whole bunch of ‘tweets’ for help, I finally found perfection. Perfection came in the form of The Vitamin String Quartet.
Vitamin Records was formed in Los Angeles in 1999 to provide music lovers with high quality string quartet, lounge and electronic tributes to major pop and rock artists. Vitamin’s mission is to offer fans exciting versions of their favorite songs performed in new musical contexts.
Anyway, needless to say if I’ve got the time to write a blog post I’ve already settled on the song list hey so here we go.
- Swing Life Away – Rise Against
- This Aint a Scene, It’s an Arms Race – Fall Out Boy
- Cute Without the ‘E’ – Taking Back Sunday
- Cherry Bomb – John Mellencamp
- The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows – Brand New
- Dance, Dance – Fall Out Boy
- Soul Meets Body – Death Cab For Cutie
Walking Down Aisle
- Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve
- Comes A Time – Neil Young
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
End of Ceremony
- You Shook Me All Night Long – AC / DC
- I Was Made For Loving You – Kiss
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N Roses
- Heroes – David Bowie
- Ohio Is For Lovers – Hawthorne Heights
- Everlong – Foo Fighters
All of the songs have been given ‘the Vitamin treatment’ with the exception of the Neil Young and Neil Diamond tracks, they’re original recordings. It’s a pretty diverse and fun song list, plenty of stories behind a load of the tracks.
Anyway, with only a couple of days left I don’t think I’ll be blogging too much as there’s still quite a few things left to organise. And then on Saturday we head off on our honeymoon. Cath doesn’t know where we’re going on our honeymoon, as it’s a surprise, however we will be posting photos and all that once we get where we’re going.