I kind of want to start an ice cream business just so I can look this cool…but seriously, that register setup is awesome, and looks insanely easy to use.
A couple of years ago, the government changed the rules so that families on $150 000 a year or more wouldn't be eligible to receive family payments. There were the predictable cries of 'class warfare', but there were also claims that $150 000 in Australia leaves you struggling to make ends meet. The Daily Telegraph found a couple on $150k who said "you can survive on $150,000 but you definitely aren't doing well," while in The Australian, a couple on $200 000…
I made this short video this morning to show the fault we’ve experienced with 3 different Nespresso / DeLonghi U’s that we’ve purchased and returned this week .
All three Nespresso U’s leaked in the same manner, about 17-20 seconds into the draw there’s a pressure increase and the leak starts, you see it in the vents on the back first, then it floods out under the machine.
It’s an electrical hazard without a doubt! The machine even shut itself down this time, and wouldn’t eject the capsule.
This unit is 4 days old, and only made 4-5 coffees a day.
I have a different Nespresso / DeLonghi machine at home that has a completely different reservoir system and I don’t have this problem. Time to take the machine back for replacement again!
First day back at work for 2013 today, had a couple of good emails from good clients. Definitely cannot complain about how this work year has started. So far so good.
Back to work tomorrow, some how have to get out of holiday mode and back into work mode. It’s going to be a hectic week I think…wish me luck!
- Comics read: 148 (via Comixology)
- Favourite comic read: Hawkeye – Matt Fraction and David Aja (via Comixology)
- Artist listened to most: Pearl Jam (via Last.fm)
- Best new album: Jay-Z & Kanye West – Watch the Throne (via Last.fm)
- Best new movie: The Avengers
- Best TV show: Sons of Anarchy, Season 5
- Best blog: Parislemon
- Best podcast: Back to Work
- Page views on this blog: 10.000
- Days away from home: 115, 28 trips (via TripIt)
- Distance travelled: 98.579 km, to 34 cities, 8 countries (via TripIt)
See you next year!
- Meetings are to be scheduled no earlier than 9AM.
- Meetings are to end no later than 4PM.
- Meetings will not be scheduled before noon on Monday.
- Meetings will not be scheduled after noon on Friday.
- Default meeting durations are 20 minutes, and can be no longer than 50 minutes.
- The agenda should be clear, and never be “just to get on the same page.” Get on the same page before the meeting starts.
- Attendees will only be people who are directly related to the agenda.
- All attendees will be clear about the next actions and who is responsible for those actions before the meeting ends.
- Everyone must leave the room at the scheduled end time.
- Whomever scheduled the meeting will be responsible for sending out the meeting’s notes and summary.
Some times I wish I could get some of these through on some of our work meetings.
Heading home from Adelaide.
Another trip away, this time it’s a quick dash to Adelaide to fix a busted Holter system.
Most people say they choose #2. In fact, most marketers actually do #1 or #4, and it’s only #3 that gives you the best chance–create a remarkable product or service…
I really have to remember this come mid-July when I’m prepping our booth space for CSANZ. I need to have something smart, cool, innovative, and I need to show my potential and existing clients that they matter.
When you’ve done many conferences where you’ve spent many hours on a booth, it’s hard to get really motivated to do something different, or at least interesting.